FHS, Beaumont & Texas Trivia Questions
Most all of the Questions and ANSWERS were taken from the old Bmt., Game; "BEAUMONT TRIVOPOLY".
Some are silly from me to "throw" you off guard :-)
For the answers email: BETH --- email@example.com
- What was the name of the drug store located on the corner of Crockett and Pearl?
- In what year did the Lucas Gusher blow?
- On what street was the Grapette Bottling Co.?
- In what year was the new Civic Center opened?
- Name the country singer who graduated from SPHS in 1922, and later won a Academy Award for the theme song in the movie High Noon?
- What year did Parkdale Mall open?
- Before Interstate 10, what highway ran through Beaumont?
- After the Dixie Hotel closed, its name was changed to what?
- In 1978, Beaumont was named the town with the most potential for future growth in the entire country, BY what magazine?
- Who became Beaumont's first black Judge when he took office July 9, 1980?
- Name Beaumont's first "ELEGANT" theater designed exclusively for showing MOTION PICTURES!
- What year did St. Elizabeth Hospital open?
- Often called a Palace of Culture, was what opera house?
- John J. and Sally French moved to Beaumont from what state?
- Where was the 1st McDonalds located?
- What is Flores Creek know as today?
- Which family estate donated the property for the Art Museum?
- In 1973, the National Football League named Beaumont as what capital?
- In what theater did Beaumont's first sound movie; Glorious Betsy; play?
- What lumber company put Beaumont on the map as an internationally important lumber town; known then as Kirby Lumber?
- The Kansas City Southern train terminal was located on what street?
- On what corner was the old Crescent Market?
- In what year did Beaumont High School merge with Charlton Pollard?
- A mother and father have six sons and each son has one sister. How many people are in that family?
- What street was Up Your Alley originally located?
- Who was the first Bishop of Beaumont?
- What year did the John J. French museum open?
- Beaumont has been the seat of Jefferson Co., since 1883, since that time how many courthouses has Beaumont had?
- Black Cat Restaurant, The Rose Room, and Port o' Call and Peacock Alley evoke nostalgic memories of what building?
- What was once known as the "Castle on the Neches?
- Who was the priestess of the Dixie Hotel?
- What was the name given to the Oak tree marking the beginning of a path known as Lovers Lane?
- Name the first steam laundry in Beaumont - 1890!
- What were the "Roughnecks" known for?
- What Judge ordered desegregation for the entire school district in September 1981?
- What year was Gladys City reconstruction complete?
- What was the name of the Jewish Synagogue located on Broadway?
- Name the one governor that our city produced.( a question came up on this answer... Actually this governor owned the Beaumont Enterprise.. Not sure he ever lived here!)
- On Oct. 31, 1929 what quadruplets drew worldwide attention when they were born in Beaumont?
- What company is the oldest continuously operated business in Jefferson County?
- What family controls the Beaumont Rice Mills?
- What stadium did the Golden Gators play?
- Old Jasper Road is now know as what street?
- Organized in 1942, by Eloise Miliam, what was the name of the group known for Beaumont's Goodwill Ambassadors?
- If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
- In 1974 what center was built on Interstate 10 at Walden Road?
- What was the original name of Kelly High School?
- What did boxing and Carlos Restaurant have in common?
- The Crosby Hotel was originally called what?
Return to Courier Page
Return to FHS Homepage